Are you traveling with hearing aids? Here are a few tips to make your trip a success:
- Pack all the items you need for daily use of your hearing aids.
- Replacement battery or charger
- Cleaning equipment
- Approved carry-on case if flying
- Any accessories for connectivity to other devices
- Devices that you will want to connect with on your trip
- Keep your hearing aids clean from bacteria at tourist spots or airports by wiping them down every night.
- Store your hearing aids in the same place when not in use to prevent loosing them.
- Bring an alarm that wakes you with vibration or light.
- Communicate that you have hearing loss and are using a hearing aid to staff during your trip. This should be communicated early to the airport, train station, hotel or restaurant so they can better communicate with you.
Call South Coast Hearing Specialists at (949) 558-8035 for more information or to schedule an appointment.