If a hearing aid has been prescribed to treat your hearing loss, there are many options to choose from. An audiologist can help you select a hearing aid based on your hearing needs and expectations, but there are a few things to keep in mind when purchasing a hearing aid.
- Most states have a trial period that will give you time to get used to wearing one and help you find the right one for you. California’s trial period is currently 30 days with a total refund of the purchase price.
- One hearing aid typically costs between $1500 and $3000. You should plan for the expense plus any additions such as professional fees, remote controls or accessories. Some insurance policies will cover part or all of the cost.
- Check if the hearing aid style you want will adapt to your future hearing needs since hearing loss often changes.
- Make sure that your hearing aid includes a warranty that will covers parts and labor for repairs for a specified period.
- Beware of misleading claims. Even though some are better than others, no hearing aid can restore normal hearing or eliminate all background noise.
Call South Coast Hearing Specialists at (949) 558-8035 for more information or to schedule an appointment.